Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 17, 2013

Berry Picking!
 
We set out on Satuday to pick some raspberries at a local raspberry farm.  I had checked thier website weeks before and Saturday was supposed to be the start of the peak red raspberry season.  However, when we got there there was no one there!  I checked the website again and they had updated the page saying that due to a cold spring the raspberries wouldn't be ready until late June or early July.  I was bummed... and so was Grayden!  We were really looking forward to picking some berries.  So I went on my favorite website, pickyourown.org and searched for a place nearby that had something for us to pick.  Luckily there was a strawberry farm right up the road that had strawberries ready for us to pick!
So we all got started right away... everyone except me.  I stuck with picture taking and picking the occasional berry that was close to the top of the plant.
 Grayden was ready to pick... and very good at it...

 Also very good at eating them right after picking them!




 







 We were only out for about 20 minutes and got a huge haul!  We got about 10lbs of strawberries between Grandpa and Don.
Sara was with us too... but I didn't manage to get any pictures of Grayden with Sara :(
We will definately be doing this again soon!
 Check out Grandpa's heaping bucket o' berries!
 Then it was back home to start cleaning them up.

 And then into the kitchen to start smashing for jam!
 Grayden was a great help with the smashing!
After that Grandpa and I made 14 quarts of freezer jam and had some berries left over for desert!


1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun! :) Always love spending time with you guys!

    Love
    Sara

    ReplyDelete