Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Obama's in Columbus!
 
 
The President of the United States of America was in Columbus on the 9th and Dad and I were right there to see him speak!
 
We got there 1 hour before the doors opened... and the light stretched and wound around 6 city blocks!  We were at the very end of it...
 
This guy was a volunteer for the rally... and I HAD to take a picture of his shirt... TOO FUNNY!

 This is The Oval on the OSU campus where the rally was being held.  Doesn't look too crowded now... but there ended up being 15,000 people there and we were smooshed right in between all of them!

 
Mayor Coleman came and gave a short speech.
 
I noticed a low and slow flying plane... so I snapped a picture... It is AIR FORCE ONE!  How cool!?!
 
John Glenn came to give a short speech. 

 
Sherrod Brown was there as well...
 
And then will.i.am came out to sing a couple of songs...
 
We could tell that the President was close because helicopters kept flying around and we think they were the secret service.
 
And here he is!  President Barack Obama!
(pictures aren't that great because i'm standing in a crowd of thousands of people and I'm really really short.  I had to hold my camera over my head and hope that I was aiming at him.  The camera didn't really focus on his face at all.  Better than nothing at all though!)








 
His speech was very inspiring.  It was very overwhelming and felt so amazing to be surrounded by thousands of people who feel the same way you do about our country and what needs done.  I had such a great time and I am so lucky to have been able to attend.
 
After President Obama left the stage and most of the people left we moved our way to the front and watched the secret service for a little while...



 


 
One last picture to remember the amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment