Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

This weekend we went to a school auction in Huber Heights with Grandpa.  It was LOADS of fun!  I was hoping to get something to solve the storage problems in my craft room.  And maybe some more learning things for Grayden.  Who doesn't love a good auction?!?
I didn't bring my camera into the auction... there were WAY too many people and too much going on.  I didn't want to miss anything!
But here is what we went home with... yes that's a trailer... it sure is sad not having my truck anymore.
Ok, so the thing in the middle with the desk on top of it is a rolling cubby thing.  There were lots of them here and it was one of the items I came for.  This one came with bins for the cubbies and it came with a whole bucnh of other storage drawers and things on top of it because the auctioneer didn't want to take the time to sell things individually.  We got a GREAT deal on it all!
There are also some kid size tables.  I got 3 of them for $17!  We are going to keep one and I'm going to donate the other two. 
With the addition of some other small things (in the car) that was it for the first round at the auction.  We went to get the trailer after that.  When we came back I wanted to see where they were in the building.  They had 3 floors plus the basement and gymnasium to get through.  We came back just in time!  A lot of people had cleared out and the only ones left were people who wanted things for scrap!  So, I got the giant cabinet thing on the back of the trailer for SUPER CHEAP! It opens up and has a bar for hanging, a two drawer filing cabinet and lots of shelves.  It is perfect for organizing some craft stuff!
Oh yeah, and that desk that is upside down... one of the scrappers bought the WHOLE room and didn't want that desk.  He gave it to me for free!  I didnt' need it.. but Sara is going to put it to good use!

Grayden kept himself occupied by playing with some blocks he found in one of the cabinets.

The guys were not very thrilled with the second round of stuff.  They had the trailer organized once and then had to take most of it off and repack it all in.

These are the stairs we they had to carry the huge cabinet and free desk down!
It was almost a NO GO!

Here is the back of the car... most of that stuff was what was piled on top of the cubby cabinet. 
We got some play mats for $4.  Grayden LOVES them!

The tan bins are what go in the cubby cabinet.  They even have a place for me to put a label on them!  How AWESOME!?!


Taking one last look around to make sure our haul is secure.
Good job guys!  Lets go home!

Grayden got a bedtime story from Grandpa.  He was so tired after a long day at the auction!





No comments:

Post a Comment