Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just after we got back from Tennessee we heard about a local school auction.  The school was closing and was auctioning all of the items inside it!  I went intending to get some yardsticks for a craft project and maybe a couple of maps... but we left with SO MUCH MORE! 


We got 2 overhead projectors... one was hidden in a pile of books and other things that I bid on and won on a crazy impulse. I paid a total of $5 for both projectors!  AWESOME! 
 One of the projectors came with ALL sorts of learning/teaching tools to go with it!
We plugged it in as soon as we got home and started playing with it.
Grayden LOVED it!  As soon as he gets a little older we will be learning all about fractions, money, adding and subtracting... all with a really awesome overhead projector!

We also got these two stacks of chairs for $2!  I have no idea what I will do with them... but I'm sure they will come in handy someday! (Since I'm posting this WELL after this actually happened... let me just say how HAPPY I am that I bought those chairs!).
Check out all of those books and workbooks and flashcards!
Can't wait to start working with out little man!
There was also a couple of heavy duty map things... not sure what they did in the class room with these... but Grayden loves to zoom his cars around on them!
  And... we got 2 globes for $10!  One for Grayden's room and maybe one for decoration!
 And last but not least... we got a leapfrog computer!  It was burried under a HUGE pile of books, workbooks, and boxes of flash cards.  I had seen the word leapfrog on a box under all of that stuff and took a chance!  NO ONE BID AGAINST ME!  I got the whole pile of stuff for $5!  Total Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment